We are family!
Everyone is welcome at Rodef Shalom Family Center Preschool. Located in the Shadyside-Oakland neighborhood, our preschool is a warm nurturing and supportive environment that provides for all areas of a child’s development.
The classrooms are bright and cheerful and really celebrate the children. Over the last few years, my kids have always been well cared for by every single teacher they have encountered….more than I ever imagined.Preschool Parent
Relationships are essential
Led by one of the city’s most respected child development specialists, our teachers work closely with families to appreciate and support each child’s unique approach to learning. Staff provides a nurturing environment that encourages peer interaction and helps children to feel safe and comfortable away from home.
• Classes for children 18 months through 5 years old.
• Qualified, experienced teachers with college-level preparation in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
• Small groups and teacher/child ratios enable individualized and age-appropriate programming.
• Active parent involvement
• Weekly programs with music specialist and librarian
• Frequent interaction with our rabbis
A family-friendly and accessible environment
Our facility is cheerful, bright, clean, secure, and child-friendly, with well thought-out spaces for young children and parents.
• Spacious accessible classrooms with abundant natural light
• Outdoor playground and indoor active play area for rainy days
• Sinks and bathroom fixtures in every room that are especially sized for young children as well as a child-friendly kitchen
• Health and nutrition education through hands-on gardening in The Edible Garden
• Extensive library with a dedicated children’s room
• Parent Lounge open during preschool hours
• Wi-Fi available for parents
• Ample free parking close to the entrance